in 2009 a bunch of 4chan hackers gave moot 16 million votes and moot still made it on the list for that year
no, it was not hacking or anything like that that made time refuse to give laverne cox a spot
Laverne Cox and Lupita N’yongo literally have inspired so many trans women and black women and have done so much to encourage them and meanwhile they are less influential than an ugly oatmeal reptilian alien and a manchild who wrote a scene where two pretentious terminally ill teenagers make out at the Anne Frank Memorial
I think I’ve said this exact thing before but it’s so freaking weird that we put breasts on so many alien creatures and anthropomorphic animals because the two prominent boobs are something totally unique to humans.
That’s like if we were chicken people and gave all our fictional beings cock’s combs. Even robots and cartoon bugs and shit.
Or maybe if we were turtle people and our version of Star Trek assumed a vast majority of alien races would have turtle shells cause that’s just so normal to us and marketing executives assume nobody will buy a game or watch a movie where the characters don’t have turtle shells.
Walrus pop culture where everything has tusks.
Termite people giving all their female characters huge colossal pulsating abdomens even if they’re cats or fish or humans.
Proboscis monkey pop culture where anything designated “male” has a big dangly fat nose to make it sexier.
stg-solus said: oh are they infamous for other things too?
dashingdraiks said: uh oh. what happened this time??
ghsjdk sorry guys I just rechecked the plebcomics post didn’t realize I had replies but to my knowledge:
- uses a homophobic slur to describe themself (actually they use that slur a lot really)
- fandom that harasses those that disagrees with them
- also comics that include:
- ”I think privilege means having a perfect life but I’m poor with a bad family life so I can’t POSSIBLY benefit from it”
- "People who say white people shouldn’t have locs are probably white SJW that speak over black people and SJW are the real racists!!!" (bonus points for this comic showing the "mean SJW" as very close to the "fat butch lesbian" image and their fandom harassing and sending death threats to actual PoC that shared their experiences and the experiences of those close to them)
sodium fan club meeting 2014
oh oh where is it I really want to see I’ve been itching to do something about that comic for a while
This is the one that crossed my dash! (I’m sure there are plenty others though)